Thomasville Kids ages 0-11
- Monday, June 5th @ 10:00 & @ 2:00–The Center for Puppetry Arts will bring us our first virtual puppet shows. 10:00-The Little Red Hen– 2:00-Mr. Kolache’s Long List
- Wednesday, June 7th @ 10:30-Wildlife Wonders–Join us as we travel around the world visiting a vast array of animals. All Ages. (Flipper Room)
- Friday, June 9th @ 10:30-Cuddle Time–Cuddle time is for babies from birth to 24 months and their caregivers. Ages 0-2. (Storyroom)
- Monday, June 12th @ 10:00-11:00-Lego and Playdoh–Join us for fun with Legos and Playdoh. Free play! What can you make? Ages 2-6 (Storyroom)
- Wednesday, June 14 from 10:00-4:00-Mobile Marine Lab–This mobile marine lab provides a hands-on educational experience that introduces children to their local marine environment. All Ages Welcome (parking lot) weather permitting.
- Thursday, June 15 @ 2:30-K9 Unit–Check out police dogs in action! A K9 unit from theThomasville City Police will be in the Flipper room. Ages 8 & up. (Flipper Room)
- Monday, June 19 from 2:00-4:00-DIY FEST–Check out our DIY Fest with robotics, 3D printing, knitting, lawn maintenance, food preservation, succulents, balloon animals, and more! All ages, families welcome! (Flipper Room)
- Wednesday, June 21 @ 10:30-Storytime–Join Mrs. Amanda for a fun storytime featuring movement and songs! Ages 2-6 (storytime)
- Friday, June 23 @ 10:30-Cuddle Time–Cuddle time is for babies from birth to 24 months and their caregivers. The program lasts about 15-20 minutes. Then the caregivers are encouraged to play and interact with their baby. Ages 0-2. (Storyroom)
- Monday, June 26 @ 10:00-11:00-Crafts–Put your creative pants on and join us in the storyroom for a “what can you make” craft! We will have a plethora of craft supplies. How creative are you? Ages 4-11 (Storyroom)
- Wednesday, June 28 @ 10:30–Ziggy’s Comedy Magic & Juggling Show is a high energy action packed show with tons of audience participation and appropriate for all age ranges. Even the adults will love the show! All ages (Flipper Room)
Thomasville Teens—ages 11-17
- Monday, June 5th @ 4:30-7pm: Teen Movie night: Stop in and watch a new movie.
- Thursday, June 8th @ 2-3:30pm: Zumba–Join our Teen Zumba class taught by an instructor from the YMCA.
- Monday, June 12th @ 4-5pm: Makerspace : Learn how to create your very own video game & check out our 3D Printer!
- Friday, June 9th & 23rd @ 3-4:30pm: Gamer’s Club–Join our gaming Frenzy! We have XBOX and board games.
- Thursday, June 22nd @ 2-3:30pm: Yoga–Join our Teen Yoga class taught by an instructor from the YMCA.
- Friday, June 30th @ 3pm: Pizza Party & Raffle–Top Readers will be announced on this day and awarded Prizes after the Pizza party. All teens welcome to attend.
- Thursday, June 15th @2:30-3:30: Check out police dogs in action! A K9 unit from the Thomasville City Police will be in the Flipper Room.
- Thursday, June 15th @3:30-4:30pm: CPR training (Teens & Adults) :Learn the basics of CPR training from a firefighter of the Thomasville Fire Department. Located in the Flipper Room.
- Monday, June 19th @ 2-4pm: DIY Fest (All ages)–Check out our DIY Fest with robotics, 3D printing, knitting, essential oils, lawn maintenance, food preservation, succulents, balloon animals, and more!
- Thursday, June 29th @ 2:00-4:00: Police car & Firetruck demo (All ages)–Check out the Thomasville City Police Cars and Firetruck! They will be in the parking lot in front of the Library. (All ages)
- Friday, June 30th @ 12:00pm: Magic Show with “The Amazing Ziggy” (teens and adults):
- Tuesday, July 11th @ 3pm: Prize winners–Teens who win Ultimate Raffle Prizes will be contacted by phone.
Thomasville Adult Programs
- Friday, June 2 @ noon – Meet Author Pamela D. Arceneaux as she presents her book Guide Books to Sin: the Blue Books of Storyville, New Orleans.
- Tuesday, June 6 @ 2:00pm – Watch a new movie and enjoy popcorn.
- Tuesday, June 13 @ 6:00pm – See a demonstration by Blacksmith Trent Tye with Purgatory Ironworks as seen on Forged in Fire on The History Channel. (parking lot)
- Friday, June 16 @ noon – Terri Jenkins with American Red Cross, “Are You Prepared?”
- Monday, June 19 from 2:00pm – 4:00pm – Check out our DIY Fest with robotics, 3D printing, knitting, essential oils, lawn maintenance, food preservation, succulents, balloon animals, and more!
- Tuesday, June 27 @ 4:00pm – Cake Decorating with Kalena Richard! Please sign up at the front desk. Space is limited.
- Friday, June 30 @ noon – The Amazing Ziggy
Boston Carnegie Library-229-498-5101
- Monday, June 5 @ 10:00-11:30am: Children’s Program, “Oh, Give Me a Home” in basement
- Thursday, June 8, 11:00-12:00: Fantastic Animal Program, in the basement for the whole family!
- Monday, June 12, 10:00-11:30am: Children’s Program “Castles” in the basement. We will learn about castles, build a castle together, and take home some castle-themed activities.
- Tuesday, June 13, 10:30-11:30: A robot and a 3-D Printer will be here with our STEAM-savvy Miss Ashley Bilich for our learning and viewing pleasure
- Monday, June 19, 10:00-11:30am: Children’s Program”Architecture: Here, There, and Everywhere” in the basement.
- Wednesday, June 21, 10:00-11:30am: Children’s Program “Hear, Hear!” We will learn about famous blues and rock musicians, hear some live music, and sing some karaoke!
- Monday, June 26, 10:00-11:30am: Children’s Program “Reach Out and Touch Something!” We will explore texture and its use in art and learning as we read some great books, play some games, and enjoy an art activity.
- Thursday, June 29, 11:00-12:00: Magic Show with The Amazing Ziggy! Fun for All!
Adult program—Live music! Date and Time TBA!
Coolidge Public Library-229-346-3463
- Thursday, June 1st @ 3:30-5:00: Come build a super duper structure with Legos. Ages kids/teens.
- Tuesday, June 6th @ 2:30-5:00: 3D Printer, Robots and More– All ages.
- Thursday, June 8th@ 2:00-3:00: Wildlife Wonders-Come see and learn about some cute live animals. All ages.
- Monday, June 12th@ 3:00-4:30: Come build a crazy, weird, and wacky Rube Goldberg machine! For Kids/teens
- Wednesday, June 14th@ 3:30-4:30: Construct a Magnetic Photo Frame for Dad craft. For Kids/teens.
- Monday, June 19th@ 3:30-5:00: Movie Monday: For kids/teens.
- Wednesday, June 21st@ 3:00-4:30: Have tons of fun making a Brushbot (toothbrush + robot)! For kids/teens.
- Thursday, June 22nd @ 3:00-4:30: Adult Bingo. Have fun socializing with others and win a prize with each Bingo.
- Tuesday, June 27th @ 3:00-5:00: Construction-Themed word find Search Contest. For adults. Come have fun and exercise your brain at the same time! Be the first to finish finding all the words on the word find and win a prize!
- Thursday, June 29th@ 4:30-5:30: Ziggy the Magician. For all ages. Be entertained by a magician who performs amazing magic tricks.
- Monday, July 3rd & Wednesday July 5 @ 3:00-5:00: Movie: For kids/teens. Come watch an entertaining movie, munch on popcorn, and have a cool drink!
- Monday, July 10th @ 3:00-5:00: Bingo for Kids/Teens. Have fun playing with friends and win a prize with each Bingo!
- Tuesday, July 11th: Deadline to turn in All Reading Logs.
- Wednesday, July 12th: Winners of VRP Raffle contacted.
Meigs Library: 229-683-3853
- Thursday, June 1st @ 2:30: Movie Day
- Monday, June 5th @ 4:00: Building Cookie Wafer trucks
- Wednesday, June 7th @ 2:00: Wildlife Wonders
- Thursday, June 8th @ 2:00: United States Word Search
- Wednesday, June 14th @ 2:30-5:30: Duct Tape Craft – Wallets with Maker Lab
- Thursday, June 15th @ 3:00: Father’s Day Cards
- Tuesday, June 20th @ 3:00: Newspaper building structure craft
- Thursday, June 22nd @ 3:00: Ice Cream Social
- Monday, June 26th @ 2:00: Adults bring your favorite recipes to help build a cookbook
- Wednesday, June 28th @ 1:30: Ziggy the magician
Ochlocknee Library: 229-574-5884
- Tuesday, May 30th All Day: Registration starts, hand out stuffed animals, donated by Ochlocknee Fire Department.
- Wednesday, May 31st @ 4:00: Make the world a better place! Laughter, fun, and games, candy gift.
- Thursday, June 1st @ 2:00-3:30: Teens/Adults – Lessons and Information on Social Media Wednesday, June 7th @ 4:00: Wildlife Wonders
- Thursday, June 8th @ 4:00: Ochlocknee Fire Department Program, enjoy a drink, chips, and mints.
- Wednesday, June 14th @ 3:30-4:00: Wyman Reagan- Mr. Reagan will teach basic guitar lessons, play songs, and talk about poetry. Enjoy juice, cookies and a drink.
- Thursday, June 15th @ 3:00: Father’s Day message can with gum inside.
- Tuesday, June 20th @ 3:30-4:00: Wyman Reagan-guitar lessons, play songs, and talk about poetry
- Wednesday, June 21st @ 2:30: Woven glitter fish program, ice cream.
- Monday, June 26th @ 3:30-5:30: 3D printer Maker-Lab with Ashley
- Tuesday, June 27th @ 3:30-4:00: Wyman Reagan-guitar lessons, play songs, and talk about poetry
- Wednesday, June 28th @ 4:30: Ziggy the magician
- Monday, July 3rd @ 3:30-4:00: Wyman Reagan- Final class teaching guitar lessons, songs, and talking about poetry and enjoy a beverage and cookies.
- Thursday, July 6th @ 4:30: Marble paper project and enjoy some candy.
- Monday, June 5th @ 2:30: Build a Better “Imaginary” World presented by Mrs. Taran Warren of South Georgia Succulents– Adult Program, Door Prizes sponsored by South Georgia Succulents and Corner Cottage of Boston, GA.
- Tuesday, June 6th @ 3:00: Children/Teen Program: Hear an interesting story written by Dave Eggers about the Golden Gate Bridge and participate in a suspension bridge STEAM project.
- Thursday, June 8th @ 4:00: WILDLIFE WONDERS, Family Program: Enjoy seeing amazing animals in the library when Wildlife Wonders brings a “Zoo to You!”
- Tuesday, June 13th @ 2:00: GUEST SPEAKER, Dr. Jay & Lucky! Family Program– James “Jay” Whitesell and Lucky, a rescued barred owl, return to the Pavo Library!
- Wednesday, June 14th @ 3:00: Story and Sponge Paint – Children’s Program. Children will enjoy a short story and building fun with sponge painting! This is a great program for our younger age group!
- Thursday, June 15th @ 3:00: Story-time and Marble Run with Jared Warmack, Children’s Program–Featured Story: Rosie Revere Engineer by Andrea Beaty – STEAM Activity: Marble Run Fun!
- Tuesday, June 20th @ 2:30-5:30: Maker Lab–Family Program–Stop in the library today to participate in our Maker Lab! Robots and 3D Printer Demonstration!
- Thursday, June 22nd @ 3:00: Story-time with Pavo Police Chief, Alan Green–Children’s Program–Featured Story: Iggy Peck Architect by Andrea Beaty – Art Activity: City Skyline Using Pastels
- Tuesday, June 27th @ 3:00: Movie & Build with Jared! Children’s Program–Enjoy watching a Movie (PG) and building Legos with Jared!
- Thursday, June 29th @ 1:30: Aaron Clark/ZIGGY! Magic Show! Family Program! Enjoy Ziggy’s high energy, action packed, comedy magic and juggling show! Great fun for the whole family!
- Wednesday & Thursday, July 5th & 6th @ 3:30: Movie Days! Popcorn and beverage served!
Readers of all ages will enjoy reading this summer as Thomas County Public Library presents “Build a Better World” during our Vacation Reading Program (VRP).
Summer fun begins at the Thomas County Public Libraries on June 1st. Visit your neighborhood library and sign up to be a part of VRP starting May 30th!
Children and teens who register for VRP will receive a log to keep track of the books they read. Participants who complete their logs by reading a specified number of books will receive a book as a prize, coupons donated by local vendors, and also be entered to win a bigger prize! Adults who participate get to complete a fun tic tac toe card! Adults can win prizes and gift cards donated by local vendors.
VRP will feature fun-filled programs with a magician, storytelling, and even live animals! There will also be craft projects, story times, and much more. Check our website, www.tcpls.org, for even more information. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram and Twitter!