During Monday night’s City Council meeting, in front of a large audience composed of family members, County Commissioners, citizens and City staff, re-elected incumbent Jay Flowers and newly elected council member Terry Scott were sworn in as members of the Thomasville City Council by reciting the Oath of Office. The Council’s first act in 2016 was then to unanimously vote to elect Greg Hobbs as Mayor and Don Sims as Mayor Pro Team.
The current members of the City Council are as follows:
· Mayor Greg Hobbs – District 1, Post 2
· Mayor Pro Tem Don Sims – Member At Large
· Councilmember Terry Scott – District 1, Post 1
· Councilmember Max Beverly – District 2, Post 2
· Councilmember Jay Flowers – District 2, Post 1
In recognition of his dedicated years of service, the Council also bid a formal farewell to the retiring, long-term councilmember, David Lewis. Lewis served the citizens of Thomasville for 15 years (2000-2015) as councilmember and mayor.
For more information visit www.thomasville.org
Written by: The City of Thomasville